Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Few New Things

     So 2013 is still hanging out as a great year! One full month into it, that's honestly a pretty decent feat! Ryan went out to CTCA at the beginning of this week for his quarterly scan to check on the progress of the cancer--and still 0 growth! Big. Fat. ZERO!!! Can we get a "Whoo-Hoo"?!?! :D Additionally, we're all still hanging in healthy, no vomit bugs or flu misery or even a bad cold lives amongst us presently. With 4 of the 7 of us in school, that's pretty darn good. And given that when one gets it, we all get it--we've definitely spent our share of entire winters locked in the house passing bugs around like a hot potato. So far so good this year though--praise God! I've been spotting birds all over the yard the past few days, the Groundhog says early Spring, and I found an awesome chicken coop I want to build for these 6 hearty birds that have hung in there all through the cold these past few months. "Gonna mooooooove 'em on up, to the East side...." or at least into a chicken-high-rise with a nice fenced-in yard. They've earned it. Plus I figure they will have to stop laying eggs all over the yard that the kids inevitably find and fling, sometimes weeks later. "Eww" is exactly right.
     That's our year in summary thus far--and I hope yours is going just as well or loads better! I've got some new stuff going on, hoping to share it here soon. A few new ideas for this blog too--namely I want to start doing my own reviews of local businesses. I'll be starting with iRepair iCustomize of Kent, Ohio.
     There are a few new developments regarding my previous post. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to record that particular page of this chapter of us though. It's a very very hard one, and living it out is struggle enough just now. But it's part of our journey, part of our story, and my goal this year is to take more time to reflect on and record as much of that as possible. Time takes away so much, just in it's passing. But I have found, and I am not the first to recognize this, that what is written, time cannot fade or wipe away. Memories are like words written in sand at the edge of the sea, but a record-journal-diary-notebook---those are words written in stone. Albeit for better or worse...but doesn't everything have that same potential?

J



 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment