Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Feature!

As previously mentioned, I've added a new page at the top of our blog, "Local Business Reviews". Right now it consists of my usual long-winded explanation of why I'm writing it, and my very first business review! I'm not an expert, just a gal on a budget who can't stand to waste time or effort, and I hope I can help someone else avoid wasting theirs by sharing my experiences. I am also not receiving any compensation, from anyone, for any link I include anywhere on this blog. I link simply so you can look into it more if you want to. I know Google has some ad-revenue thing you can add to your blog, but I wont because it seems smarmy and because I don't know how to use it anyway. And lets be perfectly honest....IF I were getting any kind of compensation from anyone, I wouldn't need to be on a budget, would I?

In a totally unrelated train of thought--Ryan ALWAYS asks me what "smarmy" means. I always say it means "shady, or seedy". He pointed out yesterday that every time I say a man seems "smarmy" to me, he is a fella' that is short of stature.  I've never realized this, and I swear I honestly do NOT have any prejudice against shorter folks, women OR men! I myself stand only a squat 5'5"! I have no idea why I apparently link the two a lot....but at least now I can demonstrate to Ryan that "things" seem smarmy to me too--not just un-tall men. And that makes me feel somehow very satisfied. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment