Friday, January 11, 2013

Sugar Soaked

Yesterday marked the fulfillment of my one week commitment to Jorge. I eagerly hopped on the scale straight out of bed...then off. Took off all my jammies because apparently they weight A LOT. Hopped back on, and decided my glasses must weigh a good bit too. One more time, fingers crossed, exhaled every ounce of air first because who KNOWS how much breath weighs....and there it was!!!! Almost the same dang number. One pound less than a week ago....so not a complete failure...but come ON man!!!! Seven days of my life traded in for one measly pound?! That's not even ridiculous, guys. That's pure on the piddling side of puny.

So, Jorge and I had an amicable parting of our ways, and I am a very very happy sugar soaked little non-dieter today! I can't discredit him, because my brother in law, in a wonderful show of support, hopped right back on the diet with me. And he immediately started losing, just like last time. So obviously Jorge DOES know some stuff. His stuff just doesn't do it for me. My sister in law was ever so gentle as I threw in the towel...she suggested it was not my fault, not my failure, that maybe it's out of my control, maybe thyroid or something. I will always always love her for that! :)

Truth is, I don't honestly care why it didn't work. I tried, I stayed legit the entire time I was trying, and I can say for absolute certain that it didn't work for me. Neither did Sensa, on which I actually GAINED several pounds. Weight Watchers Online Points System? No. Twice over. I walked for miles last Spring/Summer. MILES of miles. No effect on my scale whatsoever.

 I feel like I need to explain that I do actually eat decently. I'm not a big fan of red meat--a few times a month is more than enough of it for me. I do eat tons of veggies, and many fruits. I eat very little bread, cereal, and only minimal pastas. My biggest downfalls are 1 can a day of Dr. Pepper; vanilla creamer in my coffee; and I rarely say no to a cookie or a piece of cake or a piece of chocolate. Even so, I don't binge. I haven't eaten an entire candy bar all at once in years...moderation is not a problem no matter how deep my sugar-love.

Granted, I could do better. I tried just now, this past week. And I am ALWAYS trying to drink more water. It's nasty and I hate it, but I do force myself to chug 2 cups a day--I use a measuring cup and everything so I can be absolutely certain! (A habit Ryan HATES by the way, me leaning on the water cooler gagging water down from our measuring cup) I could definitely do better though...

For the time being however, I've decided to switch it up. Instead of dieting, I'm going to try working harder while still eating whatever I want. Part of me knows exactly how bad this idea sounds, but lets keep it between you and that part of me and let the rest of me run with it, okay? Literally, since my new plan is the Couch To 5k program. According to my bucket list, I should have ran a 5k about two years ago. About the same time that I should have gone sky-diving. One out of two isn't bad, and better late than never, I will always say from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment