Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thank YOU, and Happy New Year!!!!

     Christmas was AWESOME!!!! Hope with all my hope that yours was too!!! So much family time--some of it with family that we just don't see nearly often enough, really made this year different and AWESOME!!!! :) We have not stopped going yet, been insanely busy since December 26th working on the house and preparing for more family today, and Ryan's big New Years party tomorrow night. For the first time ever I think I might actually enjoy January and February this year...a bit of time to just slow down and enjoy the way winter seems to muffle life a little. I've never been a fan before. Post-Christmas through March 1 has always been super hard on me. But this year I will spend it with my best friend constantly at my side, and if we make it through without driving one another insane, then this could quite possibly become my favorite time of the year!
     Along that anticipatory train of thought--as the start of another New Year zooms in, I need to thank you. I don't look back very often. I take bits and pieces of every day with me and move forward with them, and that's all the effect my past generally has on my future. This year, with all it's ups and downs, is no different, except that there is a part of me that just refuses to turn around at all. Too much fear and uncertainty and change and I am just happy to have made it through, I don't want to reminisce over any of it. But so many of you have been there with us. So many helping hands, so many wide-open hearts, so much love. YOU are the reason why we made it through. YOU are the reason we will all continue to make it through whatever comes. YOU are the example of who I aspire to be, who I want to lead our family to be. Your words, your hugs, your smiles, your listening ears, your tears, your help, your prayers, your thoughts....more love and compassion and community than I previously believed existed in what has always seemed a very very dark world!
     So, if YOU look back...please take a moment to remember reaching out to us. Try to understand what I can't possibly express--how much your care changed our lives. See the reach of your heart, the difference you made, and know how very deeply my gratitude is rooted. As I said, I won't be looking back over this past year. But I carry with me SO MANY amazing moments, countless many that you made for us--and I will ALWAYS carry them with me! You guys...YOU are AWESOME!!!! You are loved, you are deeply appreciated, you are a significant blessing in this world! KNOW THAT--and take it with you into 2013!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment