Tuesday, March 5, 2013

REVIEW: iRepair iCustomize iPhone Service Center

Rated by Jaime as ~ :D


My son has a iPod, 4th gen, that he managed to break the screen on about 2 months after he purchased it. I did what any good Mom does--I carefully smoothed a screen protector over top of it so he wouldn't slice his fingers off and told him to carry on since it still worked just fine. He did so for about a year. Then little pieces started falling out of the screen and sticking to the protector and I just KNEW one of them was going to end up lodged under his fingernail someday. So...with bated breath and clammy hands wrapped tight around my dollars, we took it to the Kent location of iRepair iCustomize iPhone Service Center. We met one of the owners outside on our way in, incredibly friendly and knowledgeable from the first "Hello!". He took B's iPod and ran down a checklist with him of all the things that ought to be working on it. Everything was ok, so he gave us a time frame of an hour, B picked out his new cover-orange, just because he could-and we went shopping for a bit. When we came back, a few minutes early, it was ready to go! They ran down the same checklist again, but the main button on the front wasn't responding like it should have. Mr. Speegle immediately took the iPod apart again and discovered the connecting pad thingie under the button had worn down-he replaced it and apologized for not having checked it before. I wasn't even aware there was a connecting pad thingie, so no apologies necessary and yet there they were! Almost back together he realized that in removing the new cover to make that pad thingie fix, he had chipped a bitty little portion of the orange paint off. I'm talking pen-head size. Neither my son nor I would have ever noticed, I swear. Yet Mr. Speegle pointed it out, apologized, and said if we could give him a few more minutes he would get another brand-new cover on. When I protested that it was NOT a big deal and there was NO need for that, he said "Well, it IS a big deal to me." and took an impressive amount off of our bill because we chose to keep the chipped cover. Color me deeply impressed, and B deeply happy with his new orange iPod!!! I will go back here for every repair we ever need. Granted B's iPod is the only iAnything we own--but if that ever changes or he ever crushes it again, I will RUN back to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment